Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Getting Ready for Italy

Elder Mongelli and me.  He is from Italy so we always talk to him in Italian.  He is such a nice Elder.  His Dad is a Stake President in Southern Italy.  He will be serving a mission in Washington.
Elder Dehlin and I have known each other since we were 5.  He will be serving in the California San Diego Mission

Our District with the Italian missionaries: Elder Mongelli and Sister Lui ( bottom left) she will be serving in the Temple Square Mission.

Me with both of the Italian missionaries
Hey! This week has been different from any other week. A lot of things have happened and I will share some things in the letter I send home later today. This new schedule makes days go by a lot slower but at least we have a lot more time to study. I just saw Connor Dehlin before I came to email and gave him a hug. It was really nice to see someone that I know. I only have one more Wednesday here our travel plans are supposed to come in tomorrow! We are all excited for that!  I started buying English copies of the Book of Mormon to see how many I can place in the the Airport we will be in. I hope someone else in my district will do this with me. I will get to call home on the 17th! Since we can't call on mothers day at the MTC we will get to call then so I will let you know next P-day what time I will most likely call home! So that's good news! This week in the TRC we taught a lady and everything was going really good and then she got sick or something and just ran out of the class, so we only taught like a 15 minute lesson. I feel pretty prepared to teach in Italian now and I'm not to worried about teaching In Italy but I'm sure when I get out there everything will change! We only have to learn the past remote tense and then we will know how to do it all! Our teachers keep saying how far our class is ahead right now and how even though we get stressed about the language we have nothing to worry about because we are already understanding things he didn't understand until he was in Italy for 3 months. I hope that he isn't just making that up and we are doing good. This week we heard news about how the youth in Italy are really going through a hard time right now. I cannot wait to get out there and meet them and try to lift there spirits! We have three Missionaries that are from Italy that have classes downstairs from us and they are the nicest, happiest Missionaries in the whole MTC! It is pretty cool that we can talk to them and they understand us! Umm.. that's about all that has happened that is worth talking about haha. I have more to share in my letter that I will get off today! Oh yeah I was wondering if you got the American Express activated?. Thanks for writing! I love to hear from you! Love you tons! Hope you have an Amazing Mothers day and that I will be thinking about you, and how Incredibly Great you are! LOVE YOU TONS MOM! TI AMO!!