Monday, July 11, 2011

Miracles


My  District


Elder Banks (an AP in our mission) came to Palermo and we went on splits since Elder Tinoco is a Zone Leader


Hey! Yes I am happy to be in Palermo! We have two new Anziani in here now so our house is full with six missionaries which makes it alot of fun. Anziano Scotschi (from Italy) and a new missionary Anziano Longhurst (from Springville Utah), they are great and fun to be around! Then we saw a miracle yesterday! The sons of the man we baptized, who at first didn't want to even say hi to us,  but then we did a family home evening with them and it opened their hearts up and the two sons and their friend decided to ask us some basic religious questions about the purpose of this life and what sets our Church apart from others. We taught the Plan of Salvation and the Restoration of The Church of Jesus Christ. The friend of the sons said he got chills from the Spirit when he prays and that he felt it throughout this lesson and wants this in his life. So now all three of them have a baptismal date! I'm so happy to see that through a simple thing, such as family home evening, the hearts of these three young men were opened up to the word of God and now it is leading them to come unto Christ through Baptism. I know that Family Home Evening is inspired by God and helps build strong testimonies and that it brings Families closer together. This change I saw in the hearts of these young men was a promise that I received and It is great to see that promise come to life. The new Anziano from Rome has an Ipod with tons of The Mormon messages on it and I have been watching them and they are great! I saw a few that really stood out that I think you should watch them. The first is called, Hope ya know, we had a hard time. Then watch voice of the spirit and last watch My new life. They are great and you can go on google and type in Mormon messages and watch them. Yes it has been getting hotter here and the humidity is bad but we just try to stay on the side of the streets with shade, because no one wants to talk to the missionaries in the heat so it's not to bad. I also have really missed our good long talks! It is so nice to just sit and talk about things to get it out of your system. That has probably been the hardest thing to leave behind. But I'm so grateful for you and being able to at least communicate through email. Oh and I heard that on Christmas we can Skype! So that's good news!  Anziano Banks was great to go on splits with! He really taught me alot! He is a machine with work and the best advice I got from him was that we need to talk to everyone and put fear behind us because it is either your fear or someone elses salvation and he said that has helped him feel more comfortable talking to people. He is a great missionary! I loved talking to the people by myself, it really makes you stretch yourself in the language and that was the best time I think I have ever spoken Italian. The Gift of tongues is real because when you need it The Lord helps you and it was like I was talking so fast and not over thinking the conjugations and it just flowed and they understood everything I said. It was a miracle, I know The Lord was helping me out! I hope you all had a great time in St.George and hope everyone is having a good time! Love you tons !!

No comments: