Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Thanks for all the Birthday Wishes


Anziano Green, Anziano Larsen and Roberta an investigator who made this cake for Caleb's 21st birthday


This week was great! Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I had a great day and a great week. My last transfer call came in and I will be staying here in Cosenza for my last transfer and unfortunatly my companion, Anziano Cremonesi, is getting transfered to Messina. But my next companion is going to be great. His name is Anziano Jones. I already know him. He is a really nice guy. He was in my district in Bari, and was companions with Anziano Green. This will be his 5th transfer in the mission. So I'm excited to finish the mission with him as my companion. Then Sunday was church and it was fast and testimony meeting and I got up to bear my testimony on prayer and how I received an answer to go on a mission through the testimony of someone else. I talked about how God always answers our prayers and how the mission has been the most incredible experience ever, and how God always responds to us in different ways we just need to search for an answer and recognize it. So I talked about Havier and how he talked about missionary work  and that was my answer. Right after I bore my testimony. Sorella Spizzieri, an incredible member of 3 years who lost her husband and son about 6 years ago, stood up and bore here testimony and said that she had been praying on whether she should serve a mission or not and that when I bore my testimony she received her answer to go! Good job Havier!! Ha it was really cool so she is going to start working on her papers. Then my birthday was super great. The members were all super nice and Gianna made me a suprise cake which was delicious and then our investigator, Roberta, made me a suprise cake and bought me a sweater! Too nice! Members kept calling me to wish me Happy Birthday. It was a really good day. Then this morning we woke up and a member called us to give her husband, who is not a member, a blessing because he is old and has a fever that has lasted 3 or 4 days and he wanted one. So we went there and he looked terrible. I was honestly scared that he was going to die on us. He couldn't breathe and was sweaty. They already took him to the doctor but they didn't do much for him so we gave him a blessing and said that he will heal and said some other stuff and we sealed the blessing and left the room. We go into the other room and start talking to his wife, the member, and like 15 seconds later he just walks right past us and sits down on the couch like nothing really happened. We all looked at each other like "What in the world!" Haha He isn't totally better but he looked pretty good by the time we left. That was super cool! Then after that we went to Sorella Spizzieri's house to make gniocchi. It was fun and really good. So the week here went really good. I hope you all are doing good at home even though it's cold. I miss you all a ton! Love you!!!  Hey Dad! Thanks for the Birthday wishes! Haha I will wreck you at running! I have two years of walking around legs. This week was awesome! So many things happened. You can read about it on the other email because I am to lazy to type it again. Our investigator Roberta is counting the days down for me. Every day she calls me and says, Anziano Larsen! You have 44 days left. It's the worst! Plus every night I have a dream about My home coming talk or going home or something, even though I am not thinking of home much. It's weird. All the missionaries call you the old missionary and keep reminding you how close you are to going home. Sounds like you are going to be quite busy with your job! Are you excited? Nervous at all? You'll do great! I miss football and Movies with the family. We will have to watch some sports and movies together when I get home. Oh yeah, Who won the superbowl this year? and Who was in it? Well thanks for writing I sure love you and miss you!! Ciao!!!

No comments: