Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Transfer News is In



Transfer news is in! I will be serving with Anziano Wright this transfer in the Rome 3 area!! Rome 3 is the southern part of Rome but still in the big city so I won't be moving very far but I am very excited to serve in this area with Anziano  Wright! He has been out for a little over a year, so I will be able to learn the language better. I was talking to Anziano Wright today and he said that the ward in Rome 3 is great so I'll be looking forward to that! This week was Great! Lodi got baptized! She asked Anziano Shipton to baptize her and she asked me to do the confirmation. So everything went good with that until I told her that I was getting transferred. Haha Then she chewed me out and said that I can't leave her cause she hasn't learned everything yet and was pretty upset but we explained that I would be able to come teach her again this transfer and she understood that it wasn't my choice to go. So yesterday we went to teach her and she got me 2 ties and some t-shirts as a parting gift. She is too nice! This week we got a sweet referral from the church about this Italian guy that wanted a copy of a movie about finding happiness and we met with him and he is a great investigator and seems very interested in the church. He asked really good questions and was wondering the other day why no churches (other than our church) practice baptisms for the dead, when it talks about it in the Bible. We are really excited and think things will turn out well with him. So other than that we have just been teaching lessons and getting ready for English class which starts tonight. Last week we went to the Sistine chapel! It was incredible!! And yes I did take lots of pictures. Preparation day in Rome is so much fun and there are so many things to see but today we just decided to take it easy and pack things and get ready for me to leave tomorrow. But I have managed to see the vatican, colosseo, trevi fountain, spanish steps, the pantheon, and the sistine chapel. I think one week we are going to rent bikes and go biking through Rome which would be pretty fun. I also have a lot of photos that I could send if you want them now. Just let me know when and I'll send them. Vi Voglio Bene!! Ciao!

No comments: