Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Ping Pong and Foosball Tournament

   Hey!  Transfers calls haven't come in yet they come in this Saturday. We are excited to see what happens. I'm not really sure what will happen, vediamo! First off It seems like I have some explaining to do about the whole rose situation. That was on our Preperation day and we were at the Spanish steps when some British ladies gave them to us.. So we carried them around all day and got some pretty good pictures of us in random places holding them. Don't worry, I can send plenty more rose pictures. That is exciting to hear that Jansen is out of the Bush but also sad. I'm sure he had some crazy, cool experiences!  The ward here has been really great with our investigators in Church. They have done really good at friendshiping them and making them feel a part of the family. It is incredible to see how much the members really sacrifice to come to church and to make sure that others can come to church as well. We have had a lot of activities in church lately. Especially this week. We are doing a family night tonight, on Thursday we will have english course and then Friday is going to be awesome! We are having a ping pong and foosball tournament! Anziano Bunker and I are on a team together and we are planning on winning the whole thing. We will try to make the games close so that people feel like they have a chance at beating us. Haha.  Then friday is the big day of transfer calls where every missionary is always keeping the phone within sight and sound and is scared to talk too long on the phone, having fear that they will recieve the call while they are on the phone. Haha Anyway we feel like we are making really good progress with our investigators and that they are moving in a good direction. One of our investigators has been kind of worried about his family and how they will react if he gets baptized, so we had a great lesson with him and with a member who had similar problems. It was really nice to have a member there to bear testimony about how grateful he is for his choice of joining the Church. Member lessons are so powerful and I hope that I can go to lessons with the missionaries when I get home. This week I have started to do language study a little bit different. I have started reading the Liahona in Italian and writing down all the words I dont know and memorizing them. It is a nice change and has helped my language grow a lot! I love the Italian language. The more you learn the more you love it and the more you can help investigators understand this great message! I hope to hang on to the language for my whole life. Well, Thanks for writing! Oh yeah today we are going Bowling with some missionaries in our zone! Should be fun! Love you tons!!! Have a great week! Hey Dad! Thanks for writing! I'm glad to hear you survived through your early drive last week! I am excited for transfers this week! Part of me wants to get transfered cause I am kind of sick of Rome but the other part of me wants to stay for our investigators and Anziano Bunker is pretty cool. So I guess we will see what happens! I would love to serve in Napels! I hear it is amazing there! It is called Napoli in Italian.The pizza is supposed to be unreal there. But sicilians say that their pizza is better so I have to give it a try. Last night I had a dream that I got transfered to Sardenia with Colton Haha That would be pretty sweet! I am confused about the shoe shining thing. Are my shoes dirty? haha I guess I need to clean them. How are you? How is work going? Are you excited for the wedding! I'm sure it's creeping up on you!  Anything new happening in Utah? Has it snowed yet? Here it is really cold lately! I am ready for the summer. I can't believe that I have one more transfer and the start of the one after that will be my year mark! Time is flying!!! In my presidents interview, President told me that not a lot of the missionaries in our group will become trainers because there aren't that many new missionaries coming in, in the next year! :( so thats kind of sad! I hope I get to train.. It is like one of the only things that I want to do on the mission. But I guess we will see. How is the extended family doing?  I am glad that our family is so united! Thanks to you and mom! Well I love you tons Dad!!! Hope  you have una bella settimana!! ( a beautiful week) Ciao!!!

No comments: