Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"The Fellowship of the Unshamed"

Our District in the MTC

MTC District Presidency


Clowning around with the Sisters in my district
 Hey! This week has been really interesting, we all made a pack to stop speaking English completely unless it is needed to communicate with someone that isn't in our district. It has been pretty hard because you pretty much have to give up your personality for awhile until we learn the language. I bought this book at  the book store called 501 Italian verbs and my goal is to memorize them as soon as possible, by the end of the MTC for sure hopefully sooner. I asked my companion if he wanted to and he was willing but didn't seem very excited about it. Hopefully its not a bad thing to do. I just figured that if we are going to have to learn them eventually why not now?! So thats what I'm starting today! Hope it all works out. Oh yeah I forgot to tell you about our MTC President over our District. I was talking to him and he was telling me how he was from Spanish Fork and I told him that is where my Mom is from and how my grandparents live there and we were talking for awhile about that and I told him how I love Glades and asked him if he had ever been there and he laughed and told me his brother owns it! Crazy! He is such a nice guy! Oh yeah and I wanted to share this quote with you that Fratello Bulloch shared with us. Its by Henry B. Eyring and it is such a good one! " I am part of the fellowship of the unshamed. The dye has been cast, I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I am finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, worldly talking, cheap living, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, or popularity. I dont have to be right, first, recognized, praised, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on his presence, walk with patience, am uplifted by prayer, and labor with power. My pace is set, my gate is fast, and my goal is Heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrafice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder in the pool of popularity or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for the cause of Christ. I must go until he comes, give until I drop, preach all I know and work until He stops me. And when he returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My Banner is clear!" - Henry B. Eyring. That quote is awesome and I love it! Well I am out of time Love you tons!!!  TI AMO!!

No comments: