Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Moving Beyond Caveman Italian

Sunday Temple Walk- Me and Elder Lloyd
Jordan Lloyd played football with me at Alta. He will be serving in Finland.
Our District

Missionaries who will be serving in Italy
Hey! Today and this week has gone by way too fast! I just got back from the temple with my district which was great! This week has been pretty much the same as all the others except for General Conference. My whole district almost started screaming when President Monson was talking about the Rome Temple! Everyone in the MTC knew where the Italian missionaries were sitting because we were all throwing our hands in the air (as reverantly as posible) haha i dont know if I spelled that right. I have had to apologize to a bunch of people that I have written to because my spelling and grammar have been so bad. The first day we got here our teacher told us that our spelling and grammar will be pretty bad after a few weeks here, and it has truely happened! We got to here some cool stories this week from Vai Sikahema at a fireside on sunday which was really good! He told some cool stories about how he is a news anchor at some station and how he got his job there. When he got the job he was just called to be a bishop and was stressed about being able to perform both jobs, and he felt prompted to invite his boss to the sacrament meeting and his setting a part. After his boss said that if in anyway he could tie his church to any news story he would let him air it on tv. So he has put tons of stories on about the LDS Chruch and trys to tie it to the news in crazy ways. He said that he throws Mormon Day at one of the proffesional baseball teams and that he tries to get the missionaries in the area to sing the national anthem at the begining of the game. His second time throwing this the missionaries were singing and usually the players go back into the locker room and get ready for the game but he said that one of the baseball players stayed and it was Sammie Sosa (I'm almost positive I spelled that wrong, not the biggest baseball fan). After the national anthem was done he ran on the field to shake every missionaries hand. Via ran on the field and talked to him and asked him why he did that and Sammie Sosa said that when he was little he remembers the missionaries would always come play baseball with him in Dominican Republic and he loved it. So I thought that was pretty cool and baseball has gained a few points in my book. Our Italian is getting alot better! It just takes some time to construct the sentence in your head. We used to be able to just speak Caveman or Ape Italian where the sentences are pretty much like," We eat" and "I go to Bathroom" Haha now we can actually say things that don't sound so stupid, so that's good news! Oh yeah the older Anziani and Sorelli left for Italy this morning! They were alot of fun and I can't wait to see some of them again. The new Italian missionaries are coming in 3 weeks I think, and I believe that there are 12 of them. So that will be good too! I have to go! I couldnt download the pictures on my usb drive from this computer, Im pretty sure it is just the computers problem. So I will just try to send my SD card! Love you bye!

1 comment:

Tralar said...

It's so nice to hear that your caveman is improving, we knew that some day this this primitive condition could be overcome with special training coupled along with clean underwear, could start to make any caveman fill more civilized!