Friday, April 1, 2011

Pledging a Heroic Effort

Me with my MTC teachers
Fratello Tate and Fratello Bulloch




Everyone has been so good to me here at the MTC.  I call this the candy stash.
Busy, Busy, Busy, all I can say.  We are continuing to learn so much, it feels that my brain might POP!  It is so good though.  The days are very long and the weeks (only 2) have gone by so fast it's crazy! 
When do you want me to send pics?  I don't have many because it is so hard to find time to take them.  But I can send some.
The spirit here is so strong!  My teachers are so great! They are so spiritual!  Fratello (brother) Bulloch showed us a talk by Jeffery R. Holland, my new favorite apostle, that was given at the MTC.  You should watch it if you can!  But he said that he thinks it's only available in the MTC.  It was called "The Miracle of a Mission"!  Show Colton it if you can, best talk ever!  If you can't find it it's about his mission and how it has impacted his life.  He was the first member in his family to serve a mission.  He said don't miss anything and, "Don't live with the regret of what could have been!"  "Every good thing, blessing and his family has came from a mission."  He said probably 5 times, "It has meant everything to me."  and that he can't recall a day of his life that he hasn't thought about his mission.  "Magnifiy and embrace every minute of it."  He called agency, the battle of eternity!  And my 2 favorite quotes in the talk. This referring to serving a mission>"This is the most important thing in the world, participating in the saving of a human soul"  And, "You can't pledge Heroic results but you can pledge a Heroic effort!!! WOW!!!  Those hit me!  I can't waste time!  I have to give my all!  He then talked about how the most sad people are the ones who came home from a mission and ended with how every time you complain, every time you mess around on your mission remember what the Savior did for you and how little has been asked of you!  It's so true!  2 years is nothing and just make the best of it.  The longer I have been here the more my problems melt away.  I don't need to worry about becoming a District leader, a zone leader or an AP.  It's about the people.  Nothing else, no matter where you go, nothing else is more important than the participation in saving a human soul.  That's what it's all about.  I can't promise Heroic results but I can pledge a Heroic effort.  Once I came to that conclusion,  that all that I am asked is to try my best, everything has been easier.  The language, Gospel study and relationships have grown stronger.   Fratello Bulloch is big into math and he drew this on the board for us to see.

     8 months-sleep/ 3 months-study/ 1 month-fitness/ 1 month p-days/ 3 months- meals & prep/ 1 month church & planning/ 1 month getting ready & other.

1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10.11.12.13.14.15.16.17.18.19.20.21.22.23.24
That is 7 months of work.  That is all that has been asked.  I wish I could have prepared better now.  Love you tons!  Hope all is well and hope to hear all about what's going on at home!  Hope to hear from you soon!  Love you!

                                                              Love,
                                                                 Caleb

P.S.  I did get the packages from Dede, Grandma and Grandpa and the Allens they are all so great! Thanks! Love you!

No comments: