Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Our Ward Missionary is Awesome

Hey! This week has been a pretty average week. We did get a ward mission leader! Before I don't know why they didn't have one but now that we have one it will really help us to get this work moving along with the members. Our ward missionary is awesome. His name is Fratello Gardi. He used to be Branch President and he loves working with the missionaries. He owns a restaurant and asks us to pass by eveyday so that he can give us food. It is soo good! He always gives us bags of cornetti and pizza. We are over fed here. He is really good at making sure things happen that we plan. He calls all of our investigators, and less actives that we are working with to encourage them and always is free to come to our lessons. So we feel like we have a third companion in our companionship. The members are truly incredible. I can't wait for you to meet some of them. Sorella Spizzieri is going to come to Utah in April. So you will be able to meet her. The work is going a little slow but we really are working hard to change that around. We are trying to work hard with english course and geneology to introduce people to the gospel. Plus a lot of members have invited us over to teach their friends and family members, before we even finished our spiritual thought, they seem to be excited and so are we. Just hope that we can do our best to help them find this great truth. I feel so used to finding people on the streets that sometimes teaching feels a bit foreign. Teaching has become changed so much for me in the mission and seems to be mainly testifying. The doctrines and principles are so simple and easy and take such little time to explain that most of the time spent in the lesson is spent on testifying. Just telling them what you know to be true. As the mission goes on you slowly see this mess of puzzle pieces come together, into a more profond, deep understanding of every doctrine, and I'm sure that it will continue on like this for the rest of my life. As I strive to study and live the gospel. That is great that you have been going to the temple every week with Tayler! I would love to go with you when I get back. How did they just get my letter!? I did send that a long time ago! They are great! Yeah I'll be sure to put some money away for Mimi. Well I better run Love you tons and thanks for writing!!!

No comments: