Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Ward here is so Great!!!

Ciao Tutti! Another overall good week! We have been staying very busy
this week with member work. We have traveled all over our zone working
with members and doing some service. The ward here is so great and I
love working with them! They all have such strong testimonies and
sacrifice so much for the Church. On Monday we went to a members house
and we got to cut up a lot of fire wood and stack it in their shed. It
is alot of fun to mix things up with some service. It has been a lot
of fun being in a bigger district. This week the Rome 2 missionaries
came to our church and next week we will go to their church. Thank you
for the early birthday wish! I can't believe that I will be turning 20
also! Im growin up! Ha My birthday lands on Sunday so that's a plus!
Time is just flying out here! It feels like 4 months ago I was getting
ready to leave for the mission! Haha and in someways I still feel kind
of like a greenie, even though I have been out for almost 11 months. It
is nice that I'll be serving another one with Anziano Bunker, He is a
good guy. We pretty much never get sick of talking about football. As
for the weather, it is pretty cold here. It hasn't snowed but it is
raining right now and we get that cold humidity here. I think I'm
starting to love the pasta here even more! This week we went to a few
members houses and ate some amazing pasta! I don't know how they do it
but they just have the Italian touch! I love the food here! Also this
week we have been really trying to work with our investigators who
arent progressing and we have found out that we need to teach the
Priesthood. So It has been a lot of fun studying about the Priesthood
this last week. I have loved studying the Bible out here and want to
read the whole Bible in Italian as well. I'm honestly not sure about
the temple... the last I heard was that they had dug the holes, but
that was a while back. We got some really cool cards with the temple
on it and they talk about eternal marriage and how the Priesthood can
bless families in Italian so those have been nice to have. Talking
about the Temple is a good way to stop people and it has really been
raising some interest here! Hopefully when it is almost finished
everyone will know about it and want to talk to missionaires more.
Hey Dad! How was the Birthday?! I hope it was good!! What did you do?
Thank you for the Birthday wishes! I can't believe im turning 20! Mamma
Mia!!! It is fun learning the language. A lot of the missionaries try
to work around the vocabulary they know to say things but I have
really tried to study out all the words so I can word things just how
I want. At times it is very frustrating cause I get so sick of looking
up words and pounding them in my head but I feel in the end it will
pay off. I'm glad to hear that your talk went good! And yes it made
sense! In Italian you say (It has sense) kinda wierd. But that's
great! It sounds like it was a great talk! And don't worry about the
package! Italian mail service is terrible so every missionary here
gets their packages later than planned! That Priest that tried to
prove us wrong with the Bible was wishing that he didn't talk to us..
Haha I think he thought we were just two 19 year old kids who don't
know the Bible and couldn't speak the language but we kind of left him
with out words. We are going to give him a Book of Mormon and want to
set up a lesson with him soon! The sorelle are teaching a lady who
works in the Vatican as a chef and she tells the sorelle all about
what goes on behind the scenes. So this lady is looking for the truth
 and loves our church! I just wish that more people could recognize the
 importance of the PRIESTHOOD!!! Ha but all we can do is try! Well I better take off!
We are going to go see some big old Cathedrals here. Love you tons!!!
Ciao!!

No comments: