Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Thank God for the Small Blessings

Caleb in Agrigento


Greek temples in Agrigento



Hello! Hope you all had a good week. Here, it has been pretty good. We have been working with some old investigators and found 5 new investigators. So we are excited about that. Hopefully we can continue to find more. We have been doing mostra every Sunday and I feel like it has really helped the work. Plus alot of the members have been coming to help out so it really helps us friendship the members. The work has been going pretty good down here but we are hoping to get the work going a little faster. The members have been really great so far. Hopefully we can start working with them more. The other day we met with a less acitve who seemed really confused about the church and we talked to him about some of those concerns and invited him to pray and he really changed throughout the lesson and at the end was very grateful that we came by. So we are excited to work with him some more. It is great to see the gospel changing peoples lives. I love how it slowly changes people day to day until they are a person who walks by faith and recognizes the importance of the Savior in their lives. It is one of the greatest things to talk to our investigators who feel like they aren't progressing in the gospel but then you point out all of the small changes in their lives and they notice that these blessings, although small, have really added up and made a huge change in their lives. I know that even days that we feel like we aren't making a difference, that we are not recognizing, not only the eternal perspective of things but we also aren't recognizing the little tiny blessings that we are receiving every day from these experiences that add up to make a huge difference. The members here have really helped me realize this and I hope that I can better recognize and thank God for the small blessings I recieve every day. WOW that sounds great with Tayler and Jared! Sure is sneaking up! Make sure you take tons of pictures! How is the rest of the family doing? I hope all is well! As for the language it is coming along pretty good. I feel good about it. I can understand everything for the most part unless they are using medical words or a few other weird things. It is easy to pick out words that you don't know and then I just write them down and study them. And I feel like I can explain anything that I need to explain, If you don't know a word it's pretty easy to work your way around it and then look up the word later. Yes, the language and  accent is way different here than Rome. Plus down here a lot of the time they speak Siciliano A different  dialect of Italian  but they dont speak the dialect to us. It's just a different accent. Anyway better run! Love you tons!  Hey Dad! How are you? Are you ready to have a married daughter! Mamma mia!!! That's crazy! Sounds super exciting! I am loving Sicily! It is the coolest place in the world! Other than Utah. I really love it tho. I didn't get the wedding invitation :( I hope it comes soon tho! How did the video thing go?! Sounds sweet! I'm excited to hear all about how it goes! I hope you take tons of pictures of family and freinds and then send me a bunch! It is great to hear that tayler is saving her money as well! Wow! She must really like this Jared guy! The work down here is going good. It is a little slow but I feel like  it is changing. It is kind of hard but it is picking up a bit. We have done a good amount of finding and it is paying off. The Sicilians are a lot more open to listening to you  than the Romans are so that is a nice change! Also the members here are great! Last night we went to the family Gerraci's house for a family night. He and his wife are 85 years old and served as temple workers in the Swizerland temple. They are pretty lonely but they are amazing! Wow what testimonies! He is extremely hard to undestand but gets teared up everytime he talks about missionary work. He is a stud! He always comes to mostra with us and talks to everyone! He wrote on a ton of sheets of papers the address of the church for us to give to people (even tho we have   a million pass along cards with churches address on them) He just always is trying to  help. He has changed me a lot being down here and has lit a new fire in me. I love them! They are great! I sure miss you guys a ton and am so grateful for your testimonies! So happy to hear George is doing good! Well I sure love you a ton and thanks for writing!!! Ciao!

No comments: